Wednesday, May 30, 2007

spanx undergarments sara blakely, spanx.com, spanks, www.spanx.com, spanx underwear

spanx undergarments sara blakely, spanx.com, spanks, www.spanx.com, spanx underwear



Bra-llelujah! fails to live up to hopes

I had high hopes when I discovered that Spanx, the company famous for its tummy-tucking, line-concealing pantyhose, had added a bra to its lineup.

The all-nylon garment promises to reduce bra bulges, eliminate strap-digging and boost boobs without an underwire, thus making it a metal-free and, as the packaging claims, "airport friendly" bra.


Unfortunately, the so-called Bra-llelujah! gave me no reason to rejoice. The straps on the pullover bra are roughly an inch wide Ñ ugly, but I might have forgiven that if they'd proved functional. Alas, the bra was neither shapely nor supportive (the stretchy fabric did little to mitigate the bounce factor). Though it didn't quite flatten my bust, it gave me none of the lift I normally look for. And while it created a "smooth, sexy back," as promised, the trade-off wasn't worth it: Under a clingy T-shirt, lines showed through across my chest, thanks to multiple seams across the cups. So, as bras go, Bra-llelujah! is, well, a total bust.

No comments: